Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Day 47 of 365: You Can't Always Get What You Want

Happy President's Day, ya'll!

I know I'm not from the South. Buuuttt.....everyone in the UK thinks that everyone in America says "ya'll"...so why not?

Anyroad! Today was kinda sorta busy for me. I (thankfully) had the day off. Although, not looking forward to working the rest of the week (although, looking forward to a full weekend off).

I spent the day running errands, doing laundry, and packing a bit.

I had to run to Wal*Mart and get a few things. Then I swung by good ol' Lake Erie to see if it was frozen...and it wasn't.


After that, went to Aldi's to pick up a few more things, then headed home to do MOUNDS of laundry. My poor basket in the basement had a pile of clothes that went up to my waist...and stupid me carried the whole thing up two flights of stairs to my room.....in the end running into the door and doing something to my middle finger (it's red....probably will have a bruise tomorrow).

Buuutt....I have washed just about every stitch of my clothing. I went through and got rid of 3 garbage bags full of stuff to donate to Purple Heart on Wednesday thanks to my Mom letting me know that they collect from her house. And I started boxing up stuff that I want to keep, but won't need this summer. Ian said "Keep your summer clothes handy, that way you can send for your winter stuff after you've arrived and you won't need it." I even found (which it needs a washing) the flat sheet from my New Kids on the Block set from when I was 10 yrs. old. The sheet is in AMAZING condition and SOOOOOO going to England...lol.



And I realised that I have another box downstairs of photo albums and whatnot...so I have officially packed (or atleast started) 5 boxes. Yay! It's comin' along! Now all I have to do is get rid of the things I don't want to keep. That I'll need to work on in the coming weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment