Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Day 34 of 365: Take It Easy


That is just a start of my "get rid of" pile of clothing. I went through my closet today, which incidentally I hardly ever use anymore. *shrugs* But anyways, I had clothes in there that I bought YEARS ago from the thrift store, and mind you I've washed them, but since I haven't really used my closet in so long they smelled like thrift store again. Yuck. I'm ashamed.

So I started to make a dent with the ol' clothes then. I had a bunch of dresses and things from high school I just couldn't bear to get rid of. I put them on anyway, and had a good laugh. But it's amazing to think when you're about to hit a new stage in your life how easy it is to just say "Get rid of it!" I shouted it in Oprah style whenever I threw another article of clothing in the pile. It was liberating. Especially to get rid of these dresses. What on earth was I thinking?! (And please excuse the mess...this is what happens when you experience a whirlwind of throwing clothes around.)





But before I treid on anything, I tried on my wedding dress again. With the veil on, I stood in my mirror and giggled with glee. Ian thinks I'm a mad woman for trying it on again, but I couldn't help myself! I opened my veil up as well to hang so the wrinkles would come out. *sighs* I love looking at it hanging at the foot of my bed.

So over the next few weeks I will go through every single article of clothing I own and get rid of most of them. Maybe since I'm losing weight AND getting rid of a bunch it'll give me an excuse to buy some new stuff? *chuckles* Bah, who am I kidding. I gotta save save save!

No comments:

Post a Comment