Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Day 112 of 365: Beep Beep, Beep Beep, YEAH!


We FINALLY got our car back from the shop/dealership today.

About a month and a half ago we traded in the BMW for the Clio above. It was difficult to get insured on the BMW since I'm American, so we got something smaller, more practical.

Well, needless to say, we were sold a lemon. When we test drove it, we smelled an awful burning smell. The dealer said they'd have that taken care of, it was some oil switch, and that was that. Well, after about two weeks of driving the car (which we only drove it a handful of times), the burning smell was still hanging around, and it was barely changing gear.

We took it to our friend Jon's place because he works for the AA and is a mechanic. He said we were low on transmission fluid. Jon filled it up, Ian took it out for a spin, and came back with the car smoking up a storm.

We had a leak.

Soooo....we took it back to the dealership, and after about a week found out that a band in the gear box had broken which was causing our leak. Since it was a warranty job, it took longer since the warranty company had to go to the garage and approve EVERYTHING that happened to the car.

So yeah...drove it back tonight and seemed all right. Ian said we'll probably have the burning smell for a bit since there was TONS of fluid all over the place, but at least now I'll get driving in again. Ian reckons after I go out a few times with him in the car, he'll be satisfied that I can drive on my own, but for now I'm only allowed to drive by myself locally, which I don't mind.

Buuuutttt....while we were there, look at what we found!


It's Simon's car (from The Inbetweeners)! I didn't think these things ACTUALLY existed, but apparently they do! lol

Oh, and heard from the nursing home today. The email said "No word yet but don't despair" so that must be a good thing.....

3 comments:

  1. I dont know who Simon is, but my fingers are still crossed for the job for you!! Can't wait to meet you and Ian in August :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHA! I know who Simon is. Love the Inbetweeners! lol Glad you got your car back.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you're anything like Matt and I, you'll be a better driver without Ian in the car. Hehe.

    ReplyDelete