Saturday, September 5, 2009

Day 199 of 365: "Turn Left at Greenland"

Spent the day with Ian's cousins, Sue and Jonnie. They're from Wigan, but are currently traveling around England to head back to Spain.

Sooo...went and saw them at their camp site (which is in The New Forest and we got to see Shetland ponies), then we went for a carvery.

Afterwards we went for a walk through Ringwood, where we came across a pub with an American flag out front! :)


And as we were walking back to the car, we passed by an old church (and if you know me, you know my love of old churches). Ian saw something crawling around, and look who we saw:


A little hedgehog! The first time I've seen one here. I was able to touch the little fella as well (well, I'm assuming it was a fella). He curled up into his protective ball. And you would think he looks furry, but he felt really hard. Poor little guy was really scared though, because he was still curled up when we left the cemetery.

2 comments:

  1. OMG! TELL me you brought him home with you?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wanted to, but he needed to stay in his natural habitat. :)

    ReplyDelete