Wednesday, March 18, 2009

THEME OF THE WEEK: Things I WON'T Miss in England: Day 76 of 365

First of all, Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Now...let's get to the photo, shall we?

So what won't I miss today, you ask?



Rude Americans.

I mean, seriously. You can obviously SEE I'm shorter than you, WHY must you feel the need to stand in front of me during a parade?! Between you two, the woman with the crazy teased hair, and the big Guido guy (who obviously ISN'T Irish.....and I can say that because at least I have English heritage in my blood), I couldn't see or didn't pay much attention to the parade downtown. I had always wanted to go, but never had the day off work and never skipped school when I was younger. My first and last year going, and every single tall person (except for my friend Sonya's fiance, Tom) stood in front of me. *sighs*

I'm sure the English can be rude. But at least it'll be candy coated for awhile for me because I'll be in awe of the accent. :p

Now, I must go to sleep because I'm ill with a terrible cold yet AGAIN. Ian scolded me because I went out today, then complained to him about not feeling well.

And, before I go:



Today is the anniversary of my father-in-law's death. He passed away four years ago from cancer. I may have never met him, but I wish I could have. I know he's looking down on Ian and feeling incredibly proud of him. I know Ian lives his life still trying to make his Dad proud. And I'm sure Ian got a lot of his qualities from his Dad.

Everyone misses you, Dad......even ones that haven't met you. R.I.P., John.

No comments:

Post a Comment