Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Day 270 of 365: Winter Watch - Winchester Style


So, the snow has just really started to fall here in Winchester...and it's almost 10pm.

(Sorry about the poor quality of photo.....where I live, even though we pay big quid for council tax, they don't really believe in street lights).

Hampshire is supposed to get 10-15" of snow over night tonight (some worse than others). I know up north, they've gotten more snow. Might not be able to get into work tomorrow if it keeps up, or if I just don't feel like driving, I will take the bus into work for atleast half a day...we shall see.

Anywho, so what I did today. I had a meeting for activity co-ordinators in Basingstoke this morning. I broke out Tim, the (not so trusty) SatNav. I was driving along, driving along, following Tim...when all of a sudden it hit me that I was getting onto the M3! I got a little nervous at first, because I've only ever been on the M3 once on my own, and I was only getting off at the next exit. But today, I thought I would brave the ride from Winchester to Basingstoke...

...and I survived. :)

It was the first time I had traveled that far on the motorway by myself.

Yay!

I even overtook people too! lol

The meeting was good. Got there a bit early. At one point this guy came into the room and said "I don't know who most of you are, and I don't know where you've come from, but it's snowing in Salisbury so I would get out of here as soon as you can!"

We ended our meeting a bit earlier than normal. But no snow fell on the journey back. I took the A road on the way home though...didn't feel like attempting the M3 once again, especially if it WAS going to start snowing.

Then Ian kept saying "We're not going to get any snow...we're not going to get anything" but then he looked at the weather forecast online, and we rushed to the co-op to pick up "emergency items" (which, one of them was ham) for us and my MIL. We stopped by hers really quick to drop the things off, pick up mail that made it's way to the house, and came back to ours.

Now, we're just huddled up on the couch watching some show with traffic cops, and walking past the window to see if more snow has fallen.

Let's see what we see in the morning!

Be safe everyone that has to venture out to work tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment