Sunday, July 21, 2013

End of July

Hello, to those who have possibly maybe seen the blog since I last wrote?!

We are getting near the end of July, and I just wanted to recap what has been happening the last couple of weeks.

Well....a week ago we had a surprise 80th birthday party for my MIL.  It was super duper hot that day, so everyone worked on their tan and sweat their behinds off.  But, I think Mum enjoyed it while it was going on, and she got to see her brother, who she hadn't seen in over a year.

Mum with her brother Bill.
 

 Then Thursday rolled around this past week, and I found myself in a bit of deja vu.  We had a meeting at work with people from the council, and once the sheet went up to sign up for a slot to attend, I knew what was about to happen. It was announced that the current HCC home I work at is going to possibly under public consultation to close come this coming November.  I was devastated. 

Although I haven't settled, and I've not been 100% happy, it's still difficult to go through a home closure twice in one year.  Not.  Cool.  So will be speaking with HR people this week to see what my options are now.  Unsettling to not know what the future may hold.

But, after a chat with Ian, I do not feel as anxious this time as last time when Cornerways shut.  Ian is right, saying "At the end of the day, we have each other, and that is all that matters."

So, after a crappy end to the work week, yesterday brought love and happiness.  Ian and I went up to Romford to Mel and Rob's place, and Jan was visiting this week so we got to see her as well!  Haven't seen Jan since June 2012, so it was nice to catch up again and spend a day together.  It's tough with life and living far away, but it's nice to know that no matter how much time passes, we can still be friends and it feels like no time has passed.  You know you've got a friend for life when that can happen.
The gang on Saturday.
 
 
So now we're to Sunday.  Ian is cooking a roast dinner (despite it being like, 80F outside), and I am relaxing and waiting for laundry to dry.
 
I hope all of you have had a nice weekend, and try and enjoy your week!

No comments:

Post a Comment